Just before we left for our trip to Germany, we received our very first blog award – and one to be proud of: the Very Inspiring Blogger Award!
To us, this blog is something that grew out of our regular website (www.ourworldheritage.be). It is a way to show our travel journals to family and friends and it’s a nice hobby. It is a great honour to see that we are actually inspiring to somebody :-)
The award was handed out by the very sweet Lacy, aka Machinegunmama, a fellow blogger Annick actually ‘met’ through her crochet addiction and their shared love for amigurumi ;-) A big thanks, we were really surprised by it!
This blog award comes with a list of rules, so here we go:
1.Thank and link to the amazing person who nominated you.
2.List the rules and display the award.
3.Share seven facts about yourself.
4.Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5.Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Seven facts about us
1. During our childhood we did the same travels each year. Annick always went to the Belgian coast and a Center Parcs, Maarten always went to the Belgian coast, the Belgian Ardennes and Switserland. Year after year, the same spots.
2. The first time Annick did a different kind of trip was at the age of 15, when she went to Santorini with her Godfather. For Maarten his first other trip was around the same age. It took him to Norway.
3. Our first big cultural shocks came a bit later. Annick was 17 when she visited Egypt and discovered that the boy folding the towels of her hotelroom earned a monthly salary that was below her pocket allowance and he kept his entire family alive with that. Maarten travelled to Mombasa at the age of 23 and felt quite unsettled that far away from home. The mixture of the heat, crowdedness, smells, harassment, poverty and dirtyness was overwhelming.
4. We both have rather unusual hobbies. Annick has been writing snail mail letters since she was 12 years old. Maarten has a collection of land snails (and tried to impress Annick with that on one of their first dates… ;-) ).
5. Her love of travel almost turned Annick into an entertainment hostess at hotels because it ment living abroad for 6 months and getting paid for it. Her absolute unability to entertain by either dancing or singing gave her second thoughts about that one. Good thing I suppose :-)
6. When Maarten used to travel for his work as a marine biologist, he didn’t take any pictures. He has been to Crete, Brasil, Ravenna, Barcelona, Bergen, … and has NO pictures of any of those spots. He now deeply regrets that.
7. If we would ever win the lottery, we’d spend it all on traveling ;-)
15 inspirational blogs
So, the hard part is done – now the easy one: 15 inspirational blogs. We are listing them in no particular order and they will be divided between travel & crochet – the two main subjects that pop up in Annicks WordPress Reader and mailbox. It is easy to think of why they are inspirational: all of these fill up our pinterest boards and keep us dreaming of things to see and projects to do! Thanks for that.
By the way: we totally understand if you don’t keep this thing going :-)
10. The Twisted Yarn
11. The Grange Range
14. Knits for Life
15. Joys of Creating